The Best of Piemonte: Torino, the Barolo Region and Lake Maggiore - Tour Specifics
TOUR DATES: Check back for 2025 dates. This tour is not running in 2024.
- Cost: The land cost of the tour is $TBD USD per person, based on double occupancy. Cash discount cost is $TBD per person for payment by check or wire transfer. You may make your registration deposit using PayPal and/or your credit card and still be eligible for the cash discount cost if your final balance is paid by check or wire transfer. Single rooms are available for a supplementary charge of $TBD. Airfare is not included.
- Accommodations: 8 nights lodging in elegant, historic hotel properties; (3 nights in Turin, 3 nights in Asti, and 2 nights in Stresa). All rooms have en-suite baths.
- Meals: All breakfasts, one full-course meal daily (either lunch or dinner), additional meals as scheduled. All meals—after breakfast!—include regional wines. We carefully choose the restaurants based on ambiance and quality of cuisine. We are able to accommodate vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free diets as well as various food preferences.
- Wine Tastings: Scheduled tastings of various Piedmont wines (including small local producers as well as famous well-known producers).
- Transfers: All ground transportation during the tour subsequent to your arrival at the hotel in Turin. On the final morning there will be a group shuttle departing Stresa at 9 AM and going to the Milan airport. If you need to depart at a different time or for a different destination, we can help you book a transfer through our travel partners at an additional cost.
- Admissions: Entrance fees for all planned visits to monuments, galleries and museums are included.
- Guided Tours with local authorized expert guides
- Small, Intimate Group: We will be limiting the number of participants to a maximum of 16. We need a minimum of 12 guests for a tour to run.
- Arrival and Departure: The tour will begin at our hotel in Turin/Torino and end with a transfer to the airport in Milan. If you require transfer services upon arrival or after the tour, transfers can be arranged through our travel partners for an additional fee.
- Early Arrival/ Late Stay Options: Depending on hotel availability you may be able to arrive early or extend your stay. We'll be happy to help you make these arrangements. For trip extensions of 2 nights or less, we provide planning assistance on a complimentary basis. For extensions of 3-5 nights, there is a nominal fee of $150 to assist with trip planning including booking hotels, guides, drivers, etc.
- Luggage Handling: We will provide luggage handling services all throughout the tour, commencing with your transfer from the Grand Hotel Sitea until your arrival at the Milan airport. Please be sure to have a luggage tag with your name printed clearly on each piece of luggage.
- Tour Exclusions: Airfare; airport-to-hotel transfer upon arrival; hotel city tax (usually €2-5 per person, per night; payable onsite)
- Experienced Tour Leaders: Tuscany Tours has been leading small-group tours in Europe since 1997. Possible Tour Leaders for this tour are Pam Mercer, Sam Hilt, Federica "Fede" Fiscaletti, or Ludovica Noviello. Check out our Meet the Team page online to learn more about each of these amazing guides!