The Best of Northern Italy: Venice, Verona, Soave and Lake Como
Nowhere else in the world conveys beauty as does La Serenissima, the ancient city of Venice. We’ll begin with a private boat tour on The Grand Canal passing under the famous Rialto Bridge and gaze up at the delicate stonework facades of ancient palazzos and churches.
- We’ll walk through the lively street market of the Rialto
- We’ll tour St. Mark’s Square and Cathedral, and the Doge's Palace – a perfect introduction to the political system and artistic splendor of Venice.
- We visit the Island of Murano where we’ll watch the glass blowers practicing their ancient craft.
- We lunch in the gardens of the Locanda Cipriani on the Island of Torcello
- We visit Burano, the Island of the beautifully painted houses and famous for lace.
- Then we will say farewell to the magic of Venice and prepare to visit Verona, Romeo and Juliet’s romantic city with its famous Roman amphitheater.
On the way to Verona, we’ll travel the Soave Wine Road winding among villas, churches, vineyards, and wineries, arriving at the foot of Soave Castle. We’ll meet a charming wine-making family and have an opportunity to taste their award-winning wines.
For lunch we'll be hosted in a family-owned villa set amongst the rolling hills of Lessinia.
We’ll have two days to explore the beauty of Verona with its medieval monuments, marble pavements and picturesque bridges that criss-cross the Adige river.
Then we’ll travel to Bellagio with a stop in the town of Valeggio sul Mincio. on the river Mincio. Valeggio is famous for its "Tortellini di Valeggio", also known as “nodod’amore” (love knot). We’ll have the chance to learn how to make them when we visit a local family.
In Bellagio, everywhere you look you will find beauty. Check into your room with a view over the lake and the mountains. We’ll take full advantage of Lake Como with a private full day boat trip to take in the breathtaking mountain scenery, lovely small villages, stunning villas and gardens.